(Vocus/PRWEB) November 15, 2010
The term cellulite describes the combined fat accumulation, skin looseness, water retention, connective tissue deformity, inflammation, and toxin infiltration found on the superficial tissues of the female thighs and hips. Cellulite is caused mainly by lifestyle factors, with heredity playing a smaller role. Cellulite is impossible to develop if a completely healthy lifestyle is followed - admittedly a tall order in today?s artificial world. However, any step towards an ideal healthy lifestyle does help towards cellulite reduction and prevention, and here cellulite guru Georgios Tzenichristos is presenting 20 such steps towards a smoother, more toned, slimmer body by Christmas. 20 days before Christmas Georgios will present another 20 cellulite-busting tips.
Georgios has specialised in cellulite reduction for the last 10 years and has helped more than 1,000 women reduce their cellulite in that period of time. Georgios and his assistant offer a personalised boutique service from his cellulite clinic in Knightsbridge, London, catering for a demanding, largely international clientele.
1. Practise interval running. Interval running is more fun and much more effective than continuous running, helping boost your metabolism in addition to burning calories fats and providing mechanical stimulation to your cellulite tissues. For a low impact interval-type exercise, opt for spinning classes at the gym or cycling at variable speed in the park.
2. Sugar is the number one cause of cellulite today, causing fat accumulation, skin ageing and inflammation. Avoid all types of sugary foods, including those containing fructose, glucose, high fructose corn syrup, maltose, dextrose, honey, brown sugar etc. There is simply no such thing as ?good sugar?.
3. Eat plenty of oily fish, such as salmon, mackerel, sardines, halibut or trout. Highly unsaturated omega-3 fat found in oily fish has been proven by multiple studies to help reduce body fat in humans.
4. Hormonal contraception (pill, patches, coil etc.) is a leading cause of cellulite. Opt for other contraception methods that do not cause cellulite, such as the diaphragm or condoms, or at least talk with your doctor about low estrogen pill alternatives.
5. Forget all sweeteners such as sucralose, aspartame and stevia. Your body is not fooled by sweeteners and using non-calorific sweeteners perpetuates your cravings for sweet food. Instead, it is preferable to detoxify yourself from the sweet taste altogether.
6. Do squats and lunges on a vibration platform twice a week. Vibration provides valuable mechanical stimulation that helps keep your collagen cells productive. Do not do any other exercise on the vibration platform though, as these exercises are either ineffective or dangerous for the joints.
7. Replace sweet, fattening fruits, such as bananas, grapes, pineapples, mangos and dates, with berries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries etc. Berries contain an abundance of flavonoids that support your connective tissue and contain very few calories.
8. Try to walk to and from work, at least partially, especially if your work requires you to sit in front of the computer all day. Inactivity is a major cause of cellulite.
9. Avoid fruit juices, as well as carrot and beetroot juice, which supply the body with too quickly assimilated calories. Opt for whole fruits instead - or at least fresh, home-made thick smoothies that are digested more slowly. Vegetable juices are great, however whole vegetables are still preferable as they provide you with much needed fibre.
10. If you like swimming, try to swim fast for a whole hour, 2-3 times a week. Fast swimming micro-massages your thighs and hips, in addition to burning fat.
11.Do not eat any carbs or sweets up to two hours exercise, as this increases insulin levels and blocks fat release from muscles during exercise. The best time to eat carbs is immediately after exercise.
12. Massage your thighs and bum for ten minutes every day. A simple kneading action is all that is needed, as long as it is vigorous. Only use a small amount of cream or oil for better grip. Do not bother with body brushing, which contrary to popular belief is largely ineffective.
13. Remove bread, jacket potatoes and white rice from your diet for the next 40 days. White rice, jacket potatoes and almost all types of bread (including almost all types of brown bread) behave like sugar in your body. This is because they contain high glycaemic index carbs that, unless you exercise, will go straight into your bum.
14. Learn to love hot and cold showers. Contrast showers are rejuvenating and immediately boost circulation and lymph drainage. After 4-5 hot-cold cycles finish with luke warm water ad apply a good anti-cellulite cream for best results.
15. Eat carbohydrates only immediately after one hour of vigorous exercise. This is the only time carbs will end up in your muscles, instead of your bum. The best types of carbs to eat are brown rice, pasta, hard-boiled potatoes and german ?pumpernickel? bread.
16. Cut down on smoking. Smoking impairs circulation and damages your connective tissue.
17. If you really, really need to have a piece of chocolate, the best time to have it is within thirty minutes after exercise or five minutes before exercise.
18. Replace normal salt with low sodium/high potassium salt, which can now be found in all supermarkets. Sodium causes water retention, while potassium is a known diuretic.
19. Dancing is a great way to tone your body and spend calories. Take up dancing classes and when you go out make sure you dance the night away - instead of just drinking, smoking and talking.
20. Do not waste your money on old-fashioned manual lymphatic drainage massages that only provide temporary relief from water retention. Opt of vigorous, cellulite-specific lymphatic stimulation massages instead, that provide long-term results, in addition to working on the connective tissue and adipose tissue of the cellulite layer.
LipoTherapeia.com contains an abundance of free information on everything regarding cellulite. Readers can even ask their own question which is answered within 72 hours. Assistance on articles regarding cellulite, skin firming and water retention is always available to bloggers and journalists.
Related Low Carb Bread Press Releases
Protein, Fats, & Carbs... Big Payout, Low Refunds!
Super Weight Loss & Nutrition Program Pays Per Sale! Created By A Phd Candidate Recently Featured By Darpa (the Military Elite Research Division). Powerful Converter And Low Refunds.
Protein, Fats, & Carbs... Big Payout, Low Refunds!
Louisville, KY (PRWEB) May 22, 2004
Castus Low Carb Superstores, Americas largest and fastest growing low carb retail chain, announced the grand opening of its first of two Louisville retail stores at: 2108 South Hurstbourne Parkway (Near Pier 1, at the Taylorhurst Shopping Center).
Nelson and Rhonda Ramos, partners in the new Louisville venture, say they ended their yo-yo dieting habits five years ago after venturing onto a controlled carb lifestyle plan. The couple lost a combined total of 80 pounds and say they felt completely re-energized.
I followed the low calorie, low fat diets to try to shed the 60 pounds gained after giving birth to my daughter Aida Alyssa, but failed miserably with them, notes Rhonda Ramos. I decided to give the low carb lifestyle a shot because a friend of mine had done so well with it. This is the way were going to eat, and will encourage our customers to eat, for the rest of our lives, states Ramos.
Ramos adds that becoming a Castus franchisee was just a natural fit for herself and her husband. After seeing the Castus Low Carb Superstore concept, we knew they were head and shoulders above what is currently available in the United States, Ramos said. Louisville needs a low carb store that provides a bigger selection of low carb products and a higher degree of personal, consultative service.
Castus offers more than 1600 low carbohydrate food products such as breads, candies, shakes, prepared foods, cakes, muffins, salad dressings, cookies, sauces, snack foods and ice cream. The 2,450 square-foot store also carries a complete line of nutritional items specifically designed for low carb diets. Low Carb workshops are offered on an ongoing basis, covering diet programs such as Atkins, and aid those whove reached a weight-loss plateau. The highly successful Castus workshop has helped more than 10,000 people understand controlled carb diets. Tickets for upcoming workshops can be purchased by calling the store at 502-495-2266.
One-Hundred U.S. Castus Low Carb Superstores are scheduled to open this year. Overall expansion plan calls for 5,000 International retail outlets by 2008.
For more information, contact Nelson Ramos at 502-417-0387, NELCITO@aol.com, or visit the Castus website at http://www.castus.net
# # #
Breads are satisfying and nutritious food items; however, not all breads are the same when it comes to their nutritive value. Some types of bread are typically lower in carbohydrate content;this makes them higher in protein, iron, fiber and several other minerals. Breads made from whole grains and whole wheat are low carb breads. They contain protein-rich ingredients such as lentils, flaxseed and oats.
Low carb breads are ideal for people who are trying to lose a few inches of body fat. Carbohydrates contain extra calories; hence, those who have a sedentary lifestyle fail to use up the calories that end up staying inside the body. Moreover, some people need to control or stabilize their blood sugar because of diabetes. Breads low in carb are also low in sugar content; thus making the bread perfect for this medical condition.
Choose the kind of bread that you eat to make sure that you receive low contents of carbohydrate. Whole wheat bread and tortillas are generally lower in carb. In fact, any bread made from barley, oats, soy flour and wheat gluten qualifies as low carb bread. More gluten content in breads make them lower in carbohydrates and higher in protein. For instance, a small piece of tortilla made from gluten has about 11 grams of carbohydrates; this is much lower, as compared to the 25 grams in regular tortillas.
Aside from adding more gluten, sprouting is another way to reduce the amount of carbohydrates in bread. Sprouted grain bread is flourless; it merely containslentils, oats, barley and soy. Although sprouting may take several days, it is worth the effort because of its nutritive value and health benefits. Milling the flour, as done in making white flour, removes the bran and germ of the kernels. Hence, bread made from this flour is lower in protein and higher in carbohydrates. Hence, sprouted grains are definitely a healthier option that refined grains.
Here is an easy recipe for low carb blueberry muffin. You will need the following ingredients:
Almond flour - 2 cups
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Eggs - 4 pieces
Baking powder - 2 teaspoons
Melted butter - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/3 cup
Fresh blueberries - 1 cup
Splenda sweetener - 1/3 cup
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease lightly a muffin tin cup. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Blend well. Then, slowly add in the liquid ingredients. Stir continuously until you remove lumps. Toss in the blueberries and continue mixing thoroughly. Once the batter becomes smooth and fluffy, transfer it to the buttered muffin tins. Bake the muffins for about 15 minutes. Let the muffins cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
You will surely enjoy the taste of low carb bread, particularly if you add in ingredients that would give it a delightful taste. Opt for this type of bread that is tasty, low in calories and high in protein and other essential vitamins and minerals.
Stockton, CA (PRWEB) May 22, 2004
Castus Low Carb Superstores, Americas largest and fastest growing low carb retail chain, announced the opening of its Stockton retail store at 5756 Pacific Avenue, #20, in Stockton. (In Robinhood Plaza, behind Chilis).
Andrea Adams, co-owner of the new Stockton venture, says her motivation to purchase a Castus Low Carb Superstore was prompted by recent studies released by the Center for Disease Control, citing carbohydrates as the main link to the increase of obesity in American females.
Adams, a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, notes, Both myself and my partners were frustrated about the lack of knowledge in the supermarkets regarding low carb diets. You literally have to walk down the grocery aisles nowadays and guess if products marked low carb, are in fact low carb. We know everything in our store is safe for low carb dieters and compatible with programs such as the Atkins Diet, Protein Power, or South Beach Diets.
Supermarkets are offering products containing sugar and corn syrup as low carb, even though they are taboo on low carb diets. Theres a lot of education that needs to occur on the subject of low carb, and we know that Castus will be able to fill that much needed void in the market, continues Adams.
Adams feels that the labeling of "low carb" products reveals manufacturers' ignorance. Products like Coca-Cola's new low carb cola, which contains sugar, or Kellogg's' new low carb cereal, which contains both sugar and corn syrup, show that "it's obvious they don't understand the premise of a low carb diet."
"My concern is that people will fail with many of the products being introduced at the supermarket level, making it apppear that low carb diets don't work." They DO work, but not not when the product is falsely labeled as 'low carb.' Every product we carry at Castus is specifically made for low carb dieters, meaning they're sugar-free and contain no white flour. Now THAT's low carb,and healthier than what you'll generally find at your local grocers."
Castus offers more than 1,600 low carbohydrate food products such as breads, candies, shakes, prepared entrees, cakes, muffins, salad dressings, cookies, sauces, snack foods, and ice cream. The store also carries a complete line of nutritional items specifically designed for low carb diets. Low Carb workshops will be offered on an ongoing basis, covering diet programs such as Atkins, and aid those whove reached a weight-loss plateau. The highly successful Castus Low Carb Workshop has helped more than 20,000 people understand controlled carb diets.
Workshops are held weekly at the Stockton store. Tickets can be pre-purchased by calling the store at 209-473-4335.
One-Hundred U.S. Castus Low Carb Superstores are scheduled to open this year. Overall expansion plans call for 5,000 International retail outlets by 2008.
For more information, contact Andrea Adams at (209) 473-4335, or visit the Castus website at http://www.castus.net.
# # #
Where Can I Buy Low Carb Bread?
Who does not want to eat? It is quite difficult for an individual to control their appetite when it comes to eating food. For the best health it is critical to maintain a balanced diet. but in truth it can be difficult for people to keep up their motivation, especially when they are a food fanatic. Worry not. You can easily overcome this crisis just by adding low carb items such as low carb bread and yogurt to your diet menu.
You can make low carb bread in your home according to the instructions provided in a low carb bread recipe on this site or simply you can buy it from a bakery or local food shop. Now one must decide what is the best option. If you like to buy your bread rather than make it yourself, then this article is for you.
There are many bakeries and food shops out there, but only a few of these carry healthy low carb bread. Keep in mind that low carb bread is bread which contains significantly reduced carbohydrates. In other words, less carbs equals less fat. So before buying low carb bread from your local bakeries check to see if they carry a low carb option. Although there are many bakeries that market their low carb bread around the globe, there are a few that are famous for their low carb bread.
Sara Lee Bakery is very well-known name, which mainly markets buns, rolls, bagels and sliced protein rich bread. A piece of their whole wheat bread has only 45 calories, 9g carbohydrates and 0.5g fat. Aside from this most their breads are tasty and low in carbohydrates and calories, which can immediately increase LDL cholesterol levels of blood. Eating these low carb breads from Sara Lee Bakery can prevent heart diseases, stroke, diabetes etc. You can easily buy low carb bread made by Sara Lee Bakery from your local food shop, as they market their products in many countries.
Another one is Damascus Bakery which is famous mainly for their low carb bread recipe such as lahvash wraps, pitas, roll ups and Panini. They make their products with on nutritional benefits like flax rolled-up with healthy heart omega fiber with 6g of net carbs and salt free pitas that are low in sodium. They also market their product around the globe. So you can buy low carb bread of this bakery from your nearest local food shops.
Buy Low Carb Bread Online
The last one is Julian Bakery. Their bread is organic and rich in fiber and protein. You may crave for its delicious taste and flavor. You can buy low carb bread from this bakery directly by visiting their website and placing your order. Currently they have a new gluten bread which they called purity bread, a moist gluten free bread that is also yeast free and wheat free. So you can give it a try.
Beside these you can also test your local groceries and convenience stores for buying healthy low carb bread. But if you cannot find any low carb bread please use some of our great low carb bread recipe.
Freedom, CA (PRWEB) July 12, 2004
Creative Carbs is happy to announce the debut of its low carb online food store. Creative Carbs online food store makes it easy for dieters to get the low carb foods they need by stocking the latest low carb and sugar free foods on the market. Creative Carbs offers its customers the ease of ordering low carb foods online from the privacy and comfort of their own home, making it easier for customers to live a low carb lifestyle.
"It's great to be able to order low carb food online from CreativeCarbs.com. I feel comfortable ordering food for my Atkins diet in the privacy of my own home," says Kim Hobart a Creative Carbs customer. "I just don't have the time to make it to the grocery store more than once a week. Creative Carbs gives me the ability to get low carb snacks delivered right to my door and they have a great selection of all kinds of fantastic low carb food."
Creative Carbs supports its customers by stocking the best and latest low-carb and sugar-free products available for home delivery today. The web site is an easy way to order a wide variety of brands and products, and offers helpful tips on how to live a healthy lifestyle day to day.
John Ceballos, founder of Creative Carbs, explains his vision for the company, "We wanted to make an online store that is easy to use and offers low carb foods that are typically not found, or are difficult to find in a local grocery store." He adds, "The products sold on CreativeCarbs.com must taste good, be affordable, and aide in the success of the low carb diet. Our product selection and emphasis on superior customer service makes CreativeCarbs.com an excellent resource for people who enjoy a low carb life style."
Brands stocked by Creative Carbs include Keto, Atkins, Cheeters, Carbsense, Walden Farms and Russel Stover to name a few. Low carb foods sold on CreativeCarbs.com include candies, bread mix, drink mix, protein bars, breakfast items, condiments, jams/syrups, pasta, pasta sauce, shakes, pizza, chips, crackers, and tortillas.
As a special offer to invite new customers to try creativecarbs.com, a special discount is being offered on orders of $ 75 or more. Use coupon code 4401 when checking out to receive 10% off your order.
About Creative Carbs
CreativeCarbs.com - food for the low carb lifestyle, offering a wide variety of low carb products including Atkins and sugar free foods. Creative Carbs demonstrates its commitment to customer service and responds to every fax, phone call and email received in a timely manner. Products sold on CreativeCarbs.com are evaluated for both taste and ease-of-use. Creative Carbs would like to hear about your success with our low carb products and what you like best about living the low carb life style. Please share your stories at email@example.com and if we publish your letter, you will receive a free Creative Carbs gift. For more information please visit http://www.creativecarbs.com .
Contact Creative Carbs:
P.O. Box 1646
Freedom, CA 95019
# # #
Low Carb Recipe eCookbooks
Enjoy your favorite foods without the guilt! 4 main Low Carb eCookbooks in our complete set package, each containing a special bonus section - Breads and Breakfasts, Meats, Poultry and Fish, Side Dishes and Desserts. Bonus 5th eCookbook, Low Carb "Meals."
Low Carb Recipe eCookbooks